In the beginning of the 18th century
the Taubachian Mr Hans Michael Gottschalck adopted the cause to built a new church, and the neighbours were no longer averse to the project, a sign that the consequences of the catastrophes of the previous century slowly milded. The adjuncto Mr Zahn was also attired in the matter and asked for a see the existing church by a princely commission. The matter took a good course for Taubach and the commission was appointed: General Superintendent Mr Johann Georg Lairitz and Forest Councillor Mr Johann Volkmar Riemann were entrusted with this task. This commission inspected the old and dilapidated church in 1703 and also interrogated the neighbours, whether they were ready not only to observe such a project, but also to carry it out, which most accepted, if the church and the community provide the necessary means. Now the Messrs commissaries put the neighbours individually through the mill and asked each one what he was prepared to give. In the process came together 95 guldens and 12 groschens. The municipality of Taubach gave 100 guldens and 55 guldens were approved by the church leadership. The Ilmenau Senior Mining Master (German: Oberbergmeister) and Weimar master builder Johann Mützel (1647-1717), whose most famous buildings include Goethe's dwelling-house and the castle of Ettersburg, created a drawing, according to which the church was to be built. The Messrs commissaries obliged Mr Hans Michael Gottschalck to lead the construction on the faithfulst and to render account after its completion, what he could not refuse and in person advanced 120 guldens for the construction of the church.
In 1704 the construction of the new church was begun, which could be completed around St. Michael (29th September) in 1705. The carpentry works was carried out by the carpenter master Mr Hans Curt Brückner from Saalborn, the masonry works by the bricklayer master Mr Andrea Silber from Weimar. The interests of the Taubach neighbours at the constitution of the orders represented the Heimbürge (treasurer, who administered of the goods of the municipality) Mr Nicolaus Hänßchen, Mr Hans Michael Gottschalck, Mr Willm Krippendorf, master Mr Erhart Rücker and the Altarmann (a church juror) Mr Hans Görg Krippendorf. The construction of the new church has been a happy one for all, so that neither people nor horses suffered damage. The General Superintendent Mr Lairitz agreed to consecrate the church and the appointment was laid on the 19th Sunday after Trinity, the 18th October 1705 (GB: 07th October). The then procession began at the dwelling-house of Mr Hans Michael Gottschalck, where the General Superintendent Mr Lairitz and the court counsellor of Weimar Mr Güpner and their married women had put up. The schoolboys from Taubach made the beginning of the procession, followed by the cantors with the musicians. This was followed by the pastor-substitute Mr Ranus from Magdala, who held the chalice, then pastor Mr Goßrau from Oberweimar with the Book of Concordia, behind those Adjuncto Mr Zahn with the Bible, which joined the General Superintendent Mr Lairitz and the common people at the end. During the ensuing church service the initiation preaching was held by General Superintendent Mr Lairitz.
In this day and age the church consecration festival party club fill the Taubach church in every year on the 3rd Sunday of October, at not only to fete the Kirmes (a kind of funfair) with music and dance, but to celebrate the anniversary of the church consecration of their church in the most authentic and dignified context.