took a total of 532 guldens for the construction of the new church. While the princely reign only granted 13 guldens and 15 groschens for the construction, the Taubachien received 10 guldens 19 groschens and 5 pfennigs from their neighbouring commune Mellingen. The construction of the church cost a total of 649 guldens 12 groschens and 9¾ pfennigs. 650 guldens with a gold content of 2.5 g contain together 1,625 g of gold. With a gold price of 40 euros/g results a construction price of 65,000 euros. Because no equivalent church can be built for this amount today, this shows how worthless are the colorful paper snippets with the inscription Euro.
Adjuncto Mr Zahn donated a carved, uncoloured baptism-angel to the Taubach church shortly before he left to Stadtsulza in 1706. In 1707 Mr Caspar Fritsch bequeathed six guldens and Mrs Ursula Krippendorf five thalers to the Taubach church, in 1708 Mr Hans Michael Straßburg gave three guldens and Mr David Löbnitz five thalers as well as in 1709 Mr Hans Peter Kanolt donated a large tinny candleholder. On 7th February 1711 (GB: 27th January) Mr Andres Betzold gave a turned chandelier to the church. Mr Hans Jacob Rücker, former chateau maltster in Weimar, and his wife Wilhelmine Leonore Rücker donated two large, tinny, double-lighted altar candleholder to the Taubach church on Christmas 1712. In 1713 Mrs Catharina Margaretha Ludwig allocated twelve thalers, in 1714 Mr Hans Heinrich Gottschalk as well twelve thalers and in 1715 Mrs Anna Margaretha Huffelt eight thalers. In 1723 Mrs Barbara Katharina Pfeiffer bequeathed five guldens to the Taubach church. Mr Georg Caspar Krippendorf gave a wool altar cloth in 1735 and in 1736 the wife from Mr Hans Margraf gave a green taffeta cloth to the Taubach church.
In 1736 the Taubachian Mr Hans Caspar Gottschalk donated a "silver but hearty gilded chalice" to the Taubach church. The ensign Johann August von Worm, who was in the cantonment with his soldiers' companions in Taubach in 1741, gave a tinny can to the church.
The church tower was heightened with a bell storey in 1778, which is designed as a half-timbered storey with natural stone pre-walling. The bell frame for a triad chime was housed on this floor. Whether there had given ever a triad chime and at what time this went into operation is currently unknown the author. The slate-roofed spire was erected above the bell storey.
The Taubachian Mrs Anna Margaretha Werner was probably one of the largest sponsors of the Taubach church. In addition to many smaller gifts she let painting the altar by the master Mr Henning in 1791, which she cost 5½ thalers, donated 50 reichsthalers for a new chandelier and 6 sconces and in 1794 she disposed 100 thalers to be paid by her heirs, which should be used for new windows as well as other improvements in the Taubach church. She died on the Feast Day of Saint John the Baptist in 1795 at the age of almost 82 years.
Obviously, the Taubach Church St. Ursula was already in poor condition at the end of the 18th century. Till 1839 the stability of the church had deteriorated so much that the building inspector Mr Carl Georg Kirchner (1806 - 1858) considered necessary the immediate support of their outer walls by means of support beams after a visit to the church - St. Ursula was endangered to collapse.