About the bells of the Taubach church St. Ursula
is not known before 1755. However, bells must have been present, since theirs rope works were renewed during the tower construction in 1600.
A bell-founding is recorded in 1755, which cost 40 thalers and 16 groschens.
The small bell probably shattered in 1772; it weighed 3 centner and 9 ℔ (154,5 kg). It was recast by the bell foundry Ullrich in Apolda in 1784 and returned to the Taubachien on 26th May 1784. The new bell now weighed 3¼ centners and 17 ℔ (171 kg). The recast cost 25 Reichsthalers, 13 thalers 7 groschens and 6 pfennigs came along for ¼ centner and 8 ℔ (16.5 kg) bronze as well as 6 thalers and 6 groschens for mounting irons, yoke, stockhals (German, what is this in English?), belt and beer money. The half of the total of 44 thalers 13 groschens and 6 pfennigs paid the church, the other half the municipality Taubach. The bell had a diameter of 70 cm and was decorated with a frieze with individual signs and tasselwork as well as the Saxon coat of arms.
On Whit Monday in 1788, it was the 12th May, the canons of the great bell were broken during the ringing-out, whereupon the bell fell down on the tower floor. The bell foundry Ullrich from Apolda had smashed the bell on the 15th July of the same year und recast it. The chime was complete again at the end of September. The recast cost a total of 92 thalers and 10 groschens, which was borne again to half by the church and the municipality of Taubach. The bell had a diameter of 105 cm and was likewise decorated with a frieze with individual signs and tasselwork as well as the Saxon coat of arms.
A further bell-cast of a third bell was supposed to have taken place in 1860, but it is nothing known so far.
All both bells of the Taubach church St. Ursula were melted down for military needs of the First World War in 1917. Replacement bells made of white iron were cast by the company Schilling & Lattermann, Apolda/Morgenröthe in 1923.
The smaller of these two bells has the nominal (strike tone) d2, a diameter of 840 mm and a weight of 250 to 680 kg - the references to this are very different, comparable bells of the foundry from this time weigh about 250 to 300 kg. The bell bears the number 1328/23 at the neck and on the shoulder between two round hoops above and a round hoop below the relief scripture EHRE SEI GOTT IN DER HÖHE (HONOR GOD IN THE HEIGHT) and between two blossoms the year date 1923. The waist is decorated with a cross relief. The bell also serves as a clock bell for the half and the full hour stroke. The larger bell, which is now on display in the nave, had the strike ton h1, weighs about 400 kg depending on the source, wearing the number 1328/23 at the shoulder and between two round hoops above and a round hoop below the relief lettering "IN KRIEGSGEBRAUS ZOG ICH MIT AUS. (new line) KEHRT NICHT NACH HAUS. (new line) GEMEINDETREU SCHUF MICH AUF'S NEU." ("I WENT OUT IN WAR ROAR TOO. (new line) DID NOT RETURN TO HOME. (New line) LOYAL COMMUNITY MADE ME TO NEW. " beneath the shoulder on the waist. The reliefs 1923, two flowers and 1917 are on the opposite side. In addition a cross pattáe adorns the waist of the big bell.
In 1995 the larger bell was replaced by a new bronze bell cast by the bell foundry Karlsruher Glockengießerei Bachert (h1). This has a diameter of 845 mm and weighs 382 kg. The bell is decorated with a hoop at the transition from the shoulder to the waist, with the relief lettering SOLI DEO GLORIA and the relief of a lamb with cross in the upper half of the waist and with a ring on the bead line above which the relief lettering ST. URSULA, TAUBACH ANNO DOMINI 1995.