The first school in Taubach
was built in the middle of the 16th century. The schoolmasters, formerly known as Ludimagisters, had to work for the church and the municipality in addition to their teaching activities. This school was burned down by soldiers of the Imperial-Goetzian Army during their march-through in 1637.
- - Section is in preparation and the rest unfortunately very bumpy. - -
The construction of a new school was decided and started in 1858. In the same year the shell work including the roofing were completed. The interior was completed in the following year and the construction work of the school was be accepted on Thursday, 17th November 1859. The school building was solemnly inaugurated on the following Monday, 21st November 1859. On this day at about ten o'clock, the Taubach council, the church board and the school board met each other to pick up the schoolchildren, who were already waiting in the old school parlour, and to bring them to their new school. Once there, the burgomaster Mr Gottschalg handed over the school key to the schoolmaster Mr Hinkel. In total, 63 children from Taubach attended the school then.
Because of increasing numbers of students was needed another school building, which was completed in 1914. However, a second teacher could be found only after the First World War, which began his teaching in 1919. In the cellar of the New School lived the Zuckertütenigel too (sugar cone hedgehog => see Wikipedia "Schultüte"), on which one had to ride at the school enrolment to get a Zuckertüte, so it was told at least the school starters.
At the beginning of the 1930s, the number of students at the Taubach school rose again, so that the school assistant Mr Fritz Möder was introduced to his first function by the headteacher Mr Erich Pfeiler in 1933. The school now had 3 classes.
In the following year, the headteacher Mr Pfeiler left the Taubach school at Easter and moved to Altenburg and the teacher August Wieber, who founded the cattle insurance association in Taubach and worked in the singing society and sports club, moved to Bergsulza at the beginning of September after seven years work in Taubach.
From 1931 to 1943 existed the Berufsschulverband Mellingen (Vocational School Association Mellingen), which included the villages Mellingen, Taubach, Lehnstedt, Mechelroda, Kiliansroda and Oettern. After its dissolution, the vocational students of these places had to attend vocational school lessons in Weimar.
At the beginning of the 1940s, the first class was housed in the school at the corner Weimarische / Lehnstedter Straße, which was popularly called "Tänzerschule" after the teacher Mr Tänzer, who there taught (demolished today). The 2nd class was taught in the classroom in the Mellingen burgomaster's office and the 3rd as well as the 4th class together in the lower classroom of the Mellingen Old School. In the classroom of the Taubacher New School, the pupils of the 5th and 6th class were taught lessons; the classroom of the Taubach Old School was used as a kindergarten and was not available. The 7th and 8th class received their lessons in the upper classroom of the Mellinger Old School. In case of an air-raid alarm, the children in Mellingen were brought to safety in the cellars below the castle.
Since there were no school buses at the time and it was not common for parents to drive their children to their places in the classroom by own cars, the children had to walk to the school. For a first grader from Taubach to the Tänzerschule at the other end of Mellingen - the children had a lot to made. Then wind and snow were added, the hollow part auf the street to Mellingen on the outskirts of Taubach was filled by snowdrifts, as in the particularly cold winter of 1944/45 - these children were certainly not softies. If the group, which moving from Taubach to Mellingen, hit the group, which moving in the opposite direction, there was sometimes a little fight - or even a bigger one, in the afternoon one could once again vent one's spleen.
For the religious lessons of the Taubach children was used the church St. Ursula, the school was only temporarily used for it during bad weather conditions.